In this easy cocktail from The Black Grouse, we are adding a different smoky flavor to the Scotch mix and it is an aromatic delight. This is done by burning a dried sprig of rosemary to flavor the glass and it will not only add to the drink’s flavor, but also fill the room with a great smell that will capture the attention of everyone present.
Beyond the extra smoke, the whisky, rosemary, and Chartreuse combination is a fantastic one, so you can create an enjoyable drink even if you do not have rosemary on hand.
- 2 ounces Black Scotch Whisky.
- 1/4 ounce rosemary syroup (Hot Water with Rosemary. In 10ml of water put a 15 leaves of Rosemary and let them from 5minutes before you strained it)
- 1/2 ounce Green Charteuse.
- 1 sprig dried Rosemary.
- To smoke the glass: Light the dried rosemary sprig, extinguish the flame, and place it inside a coupe glass to flavor the inside.
- Pour the other ingredients into a mixing glass filled with ice.
- Strain into the smoked glass.
By Collen Graham